Friday, January 28, 2011

Speed work returns!

I had a great time doing a challenging speed workout with the Buffalo Chips on Wednesday. The people were nice, the workout was a challenge, and it was great to have that extra bit of motivation to do speed work (which I've been lacking).

We did a warm up of about 1.5 miles, 2x800, 4x600, 5x400, and a cool down, for a total of 6.5 miles. The speed sections were on the 2:00, but I'm not exactly sure how that equates. I know I was working hard, and maintaining 7:00/mile pace and below for a good amount of the workout.

I will definitely go back, though not next Tuesday due to my conference in North Carolina. I may start going to their Saturday long runs as well, as there are so many fast people who have added me to their email list and send emails back and forth talking about the Saturday workout- and it sounds fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment