Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Slogging through speedwork

I went to the Buffalo Chips Tuesday Speed Workout again last night, and was once again challenged. I somehow manage to either eat too much or not enough before these workouts, and always pay the price. Yesterday, not only was I hungry, I was wired from late afternoon coffee.

I joined the B group again, and managed to keep up for the most part through 6 800s with 200 recovery. Almost 6 miles in total, which is a pretty good session for me. I'd love to be able to keep up better, and make it through the entire workout- I joined a few folks finishing after 6 reps, when some of the group did 8.

One more week of speedwork before the race- and I may take it easy next week to start the taper. The following week I'll be in LA and doing easy runs, then the race is that weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment