Monday, November 12, 2012

Food Stamp Challenge Day 2

Today I'm going to do my best to stay within the average $4.90 per day budget, and hopefully make up for the extra I spent yesterday. Here are my meals for Day 2, Saturday, November 10:

Breakfast

Same as yesterday, old fashioned oatmeal with raisins and walnuts, with coffee. $0.94 total.














Lunch

Huevos Rancheros! Two eggs, 1/3 can of black beans, a little salsa and about 1/2 oz of pepper jack cheese. Super cheap at $0.80!















Snack

I had my tasty but pricey yogurt and banana again, totaling $1.38.
















Dinner

I had my kale salad again, with garbanzos, tomatoes and carrots, but skipped the raisins. Total $1.27.
















How did I do?

On Day 2 of the Challenge, I stayed within budget at $4.39, with $0.51 left over. I'm still running a deficit, but doing much better to stay on track for the challenge. In terms of my eating habits, I am eating far less than I normally would. I usually have a morning snack and afternoon snack, and they are often more substantial than yogurt and a banana (i.e. I'd add granola). I'm sure that is somewhat good for me, since I'm not as active, but it certainly makes me think about how much I spend on food and take it for granted when I just go grab something from the cupboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment