Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday: Tempo Run!

This morning we did our first tempo long run, which the training program calls "Steady State." My pace was listed in my chart as 8:10-8:24 per mile. The workout was 2 miles warm up, 4 miles at the steady state pace, and 2 miles cool down. Here is our approximate route:


View Larger Map

Man was I tired when I finished! My warm up was around 9:15 per mile, and my first two tempo miles averaged 7:50. Oops- too fast! I was trying to keep up with the group I ran with last week, who were about 20 feet ahead of me most of the run. The third tempo mile was 7:51, then 8:15, and my cool down miles were 9:07 and 9:26. I finished with four strides and stretching.

So overall, I did a good job. I went a bit too fast, but I did just fine and didn't feel too stretched during the run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment