Thursday, October 20, 2011

Need to get faster, be motivated

Again, I went to Buffalo Chips this Tuesday and ran with the C group. I kept up well most of the time, but didn't really feel that I was being challenged to go fast. When I wasn't keeping up, it was because I was tired, I'd had a bad day and didn't care, not because it was too difficult of a pace to maintain.

The challenge is that I don't want to join the B group and not be able to keep up (like, actually be unable to keep up, but ne lazy). I'm not as concerned with looking like a fool, as I am concerned about slowing down or annoying the group. I don't really feel like I'm part of the group yet (and I haven't officially joined), so I'm not comfortable being a nuisance.

The solution seems to be to be motivated and push myself more. I just need to have the willpower to do it (and not be too depressed from my string of bad days).

Here was our workout on Tuesday: 1.5-2 mile warm up/6 x 800′s with 400 recovery/1-2 mile cool down

No comments:

Post a Comment