Thursday, November 3, 2011

So far this week...

...I've only run once!And it is already Thursday!

I did a great job last week of getting all my runs in. This week, I'm not off to a fantastic start, but I hope to make up for it.

I did go to Buffalo Chips on Tuesday, but was late and missed half the warmup (minus one mile from my total goal). I did the workout, and it left me exhausted, which is fantastic (see this post for why).

Here was the workout:  Tuesday Night Speedwork - Warm up 15 min, 3 x 400 hard (200 recovery), 3 min jog, [1 mile @ gmp, 800 @10k pace (2 min recovery)] x 2, cool down. 

I took yesterday off completely due to an early morning meeting and an evening event. This morning's early meeting prevented me from doing my customary Thursday AM run, and I doubt I'll have the energy for 8 after work. But, I have a half day tomorrow, so I should be able to get in a good quality medium long run after lunch!

This weekend, I plan to do my long run (20 miles) on Saturday, then a recovery run of 8 or so miles Sunday. Then I'll prepare for my week of running in Detroit!

No comments:

Post a Comment