Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Taper?

I'm officially in full-taper-mode, but for some reason, I just feel like I'm taking a break from running. Sure, I went to Buffalo Chips yesterday and did six miles (strides, 2-1000s hard, and 2 miles at Marathon Pace), but with the shorter weekday runs, and very short "long" Sunday runs, I just feel like I'm not training.

I have almost forgotten that CIM is the Sunday after this one. Yikes! I have to remind myself of it constantly. Maybe it is my hectic schedule at work, or the fact that I'm not going for a PR this time, just trying to finish under four hours. I don't know what it is, but I am having trouble thinking of this as a taper- it feel more like a break.

In other news, I'm in full holiday baking mode. Good thing I have a carb-load week coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment