Saturday, March 1, 2014

It's Official!

Photo credit: BikeWalkDurham.org
After almost two months in Durham, I've finally found a group to run with, and signed up for a race! My progress back into running was slowed a bit due to the snow (excuses, excuses), but I'm back into a somewhat-respectable 20 miles a week. Not great, but a good foundation.

Once I ran five to six miles a few times on my own, I figured I'd be able to run with a group without embarrassing myself. I found a few on the interweb, picked one, and got up at the ungodly hour of 7AM to go run this morning.

We started from the Southpoint Crossing end of the American Tobacco Trail, and did eight miles out and back at around 9:00 to 9:30 per mile. There are a few faster runners in the group, which will be good when I'm back up to my usual speed. For now, the pace we ran was fast enough, thank you!

When I got home, cold and sore from my longest run since late October 2012, I immediately signed up for my first race as a Durham resident. I'm doing the Tarheel 10 Miler in Chapel Hill on April 26th. According to a photo on the website (below), Meb has been present for the race! 
Photo credit: Tarheel10Miler.com
I'm very excited to do a ten mile race, and more excited to have a group to run with. I certainly miss my Buffalo Chips, but am glad to have a group to run with!

No comments:

Post a Comment