Monday, September 27, 2010

And I'm back!

After my ridiculous fall on Friday, and my incredibly sore back on Saturday, I was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to run on Sunday. Or that I shouldn't run because I might further jar my back or my bruised knee. So I decided to go to training, and be willing to turn around after a mile if I didn't feel like I should run.

When I woke up Sunday, my back felt fine. I went to training, and still felt fine. We started running, and I felt fast, and I even lead the group for a good part of the run. We kept a pace around 9 minutes per mile for the entire 9 miles, and I felt great for the entire run. I was a bit sore in the afternoon, but that always happens after a long run.

So I think I will do great next Sunday in the Urban Cow Half Marathon. I was worried that the fall would set me back. The race is important- they are using it as a second assessment and giving us new pacing charts after the race results are in. I am excited about running it- with my new Garmin- and getting a new PR!

No comments:

Post a Comment