Monday, November 29, 2010

Finally enjoying the taper

Last Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, I had the day off. I went for a run around 9 or 9:30 in the morning. My Garmin was dead- I guess I forgot to charge it- but that didn't bother me. I put on my Timex, and headed out for a cold, cold run.

After a few weeks of being cranky about running, I really enjoyed this run. It was the first time in a while that it felt nice and relaxing to run. I didn't pay attention to my speed, I just ran a nice easy four miles.

It turns out that I was running at a pretty good clip- around 8:30 per mile on average- which is faster than usual for my solo runs. I didn't feel like I was exerting myself or working too hard, which is very good considering how soon the race is. It was very nice to be so relaxed.

With less than a week to go now, I am increasingly getting more excited about CIM. I have been excited all along, but now it seems real- this is happening, and soon! I was panicking a week or so ago- the race was coming up fast, it was real, and I didn't know if I was prepared. Now I feel good. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment