Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's Official- the Taper Has Begun

I'm relieved that the taper has started, and ready to rest. At the same time, I wish I was more excited about running right now. I am so tired, and sore. Plus, I just feel like I spend my whole weekend either preparing the run, running, or recovering. I want some time off!

Don't get me wrong, I am still very excited for the marathon. The closer it gets, the more real it seems. Did I really run 20 miles two Sundays in a row? Am I really doing a half marathon this weekend, which I really feel like is no big deal? WTF has happened to me?

I am thinking of entering the lottery for the New York Marathon next year. It opened on Monday. One person in my group entered, and I wish I was confident enough to enter today. But I want to get through this marathon first. I can plan ahead for next year to some extent- I already have 3 half marathons planned in the first four months of the year. But signing up for another marathon can wait until December 6th, or 7th...

Yesterday's speed workout was far from speedy. We did 2 miles of warm up, 2 miles of 1 minute on 1 minute off, and 2 miles of cool down. The "on" portion wasn't very fast- we kept to around or just under marathon pace, around 8:15-8:30. That was enough exertion for me. Everyone seems tired, and ready to get to the goal.

Here is yesterday's workout:

No comments:

Post a Comment