Thursday, November 11, 2010

Gear

Running is always touted as the sport you can do with little more than a good pair of shoes. The people who say this have obviously not been to a running store, picked up a magazine or ran with a group. There is so much stuff one can buy to feel better, perform better, look better while running. And I have not been immune to this accumulation of gear.

Before starting this program, I had the requisite (and mostly Nike) running apparel, fancy compression socks, gloves, a hat, and shoes that I had been fitted for at Fleet Feet. Since I started marathon training, I have also acquired a hand held water bottle, a waist pack for a larger water bottle, a new hat, Body Glide, a headlamp,  and...

The fanciest, most overpriced pants known to man. After the way I felt during the 20-miler last Sunday, I decided to take the plunge and buy compression pants. They will be warmer, support my muscles, and stave off fatigue (or so the advertising and review say). They are full length, black, and so tight it took about 15 minutes to get them on (no joke). I can't wait to try them out on Sunday!

Here they are. I bought the black, but the blue shows the panels better.

No comments:

Post a Comment