Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Return of speed work, and some funnies

I finally got with it and did a speed workout last night. I did my scheduled toning/cardio workout (a new one from a magazine) in the living room, and noticed two things:
  1. My legs were tired- so they'll probably be too sore to run tomorrow
  2. The basketball game is STILL ON- and John is watching it, so I'm going to be bored for a while
So, I decided to do my Wednesday run on Tuesday. I took Trudy out for a quick half mile around the complex, dropped her off, then ran down Stonegate. I did maybe a tenth of a mile sprint (between 6:00/mile and 7:00/mile), then ran around 8:00-8:30 per mile for a minute or so. Roughly speaking, it was a 30-45 seconds on, a minute off. I did this for three miles, then cooled down back to home. Not too bad.

In other news, I just low Mark Remy's RW Daily blog. He is very funny. Today, he discussed runners as mugging targets, and how to avoid mugging. In all seriousness, I don't run with anything on me (any electronic devices) except my watch, and I never wear an iPod anymore. This is more to avoid being hit by a car, but it also helps me to pay attention and hear what is going on.

Mark's take on the issue is worth reading. The reader comments are just as good...

No comments:

Post a Comment