Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Trail running

As I mentioned on Sunday, John and I signed up for a trail run at the end of next month. It was partly due to someone mentioning it at our Sunday group run, and partly because we both needed a challenge to motivate us before fall race season. Over the past few days, we've both become very excited about it.

I pulled out the special trail issue of Runner's World from a few months ago, and we've started talking about going up to Folsom and trying a few runs before the race. John realized we needed new shoes (in addition to the new shoes we just got), because the hills can require traction apparently. Always the one to buy new gear, I've been shopping online.

I'm excited about this new challenge, but also scared- it won't be on the road. The most off-road I get is the gravel portion of the Parkway on Sundays. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment