Friday, July 27, 2012

The Moment I've Been Waiting For Is Here...

...well, not quite yet.

The San Francisco Marathon is less than two days away. I am so excited about this race, maybe more so than the other marathons I've done, and I'm not exactly sure why.

Maybe it is the fact that I've trained harder and smarter for this race. I did more mileage, faster, and even overcame injury. I've certainly put in the effort on this one.

Maybe it is the excitement of running in San Francisco for the first time. I haven't even gone running by myself in San Francisco, a city that means so much to me. I was born there, I got married there, and I just love it there.

Maybe it is the fact that this is Marathon Number 5 for me. It just sounds significant. I've learned a lot from past races, and I feel more relaxed, even though the course will be more challenging.

Whatever the reason, I'm so excited to get to the expo tomorrow, pick up my bib, and do the race bright and early at 5:42 AM.

I'm approaching this race a bit casually. I'm better trained, but the course is hillier than I've done in the past. I'm hoping my training will allow me to finish in under 4 hours, my usual finish time. With the more challenging course, that would be an accomplishment.

Above all else, I'm going to enjoy the sights, the crowds, and the two days in San Francisco. It is going to be a great weekend, and I am so ready for my fifth marathon to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment