Sunday, October 31, 2010

Easy Week...Hard Weekend

This week's workouts were pretty easy. Three miles on Monday, followed by an easy run from Fleet Feet to McKinley, around four times and back (about six miles), and an easy three on Friday. Spin was not too bad this week either- Chuck just got back from vacation and was too tired to work us too hard, I guess. I guess I needed all the rest, because today's run was pretty tough.

Once again, today's long run was my longest run ever. Twenty miles. Twenty. Two zero. It took three hours and five minutes.

I did pretty well, but I could have done better. I did 9:13 overall pace (including bathroom break and aid station stop). I would have liked it to be an even 9:00. I did miles 16 through 19 closer to 9:45 than 9, and sped back up a bit in the last mile. The good thing is my body handled it relatively well. The bottoms of my feet hurt, and my knees hurt a bit, but not in a way that made me want to stop. I definitely didn't want to do more, but I could have if I had to.

Here is the summary:

No comments:

Post a Comment