Thursday, October 7, 2010

Wednesday Speed!

I went to the weekly speed workout excited, and wasn't phased when the workout was announced: 2 minutes on, 30 seconds off, for three miles in the middle of a six mile run.

We finished our warm up mile and a half, and two of my running group asked what our pace was going to be. For the first time, I actually ran in front and paced the group. It was a very strange experience, but a good one. We stayed between 7:20 and 7:40 for the most part during the speed sections, and not above 8:30 or so for the recovery. It was difficult toward the end, but I felt great. I never feel great during the speed workouts, but I did yesterday.

I think my performance on the half marathon is motivating me to do better in my workouts. I am really excited to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment