Thursday, October 14, 2010

Seven miles is longer than six

During yesterday's Wednesday speed workout, I learned that seven miles is longer than six. You might wonder, why didn't she already know this- it is obvious! But, let me tell you, seven miles seemed so much longer than six that I had to write about it.

The workout was one and a half mile warm up, then four miles of one minute on (speed) one minute off. We averaged maybe 7:00 to 7:30 for most of the speed sessions. I don't know if it was the heat (about 95 degrees and humid, despite the near dusk), but the extra mile of speed work really made seven miles seem much longer than the usual six.

I don't do well with heat, as evidenced by my performance in this early September workout.But I made it through, and still stayed at the front of the group for most of the run. Okay, I was lagging a little over the last mile of speed. But overall, a good workout for a hot Wednesday.

Here is the Garmin summary:

No comments:

Post a Comment