Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Eek- a race in 2 weeks!

Okay, it is more like two and a half weeks, but same difference.

Last year I registered for the American River Parkway Half Marathon, and then got a bad calf injury. The race director, Ken Press, was nice enough to give me a deferral to this year (which was so surprising and thoughtful), and I finally got my form and mailed it in. I am running a half marathon in two and a half weeks, and the longest run I've done since Napa is 7 miles.

Needless to say, I won't be trying to PR this race. I think it will be a good way to tune up a bit, and it will force me to try harder on my long runs and start doing speed workouts. I'm even going to the Buffalo Chips Tuesday speed workout tonight.

My goal is to finish in under 1:50, which I think is very achievable. My 3 most recent half times are under 1:50, so I have done it recently. I was trained well for each of those, but here is to hoping I haven't lost all my fitness in the past month!

Here is the course map provided on the race website:


View Parkway Half Marathon Runners' Course in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment