Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New goal?

I learned in RW Daily today that a variety of marathon world records were set at the London Marathon on Sunday. No, I'm not talking about just the fastest man or woman. I'm talking about the fastest man or woman dressed in a variety of costumes.

I had no idea how many categories were recognized. I was aware of the "Fastest Marathon Run as a Superhero" since John watched the record being broken by a man dressed as Spiderman at the Napa Marathon (his record was broken at the LA marathon a few weeks later, then again in London). There are a bunch of interesting categories, and one in particular that caught my eye...

Fastest Marathon Dressed as a Vegetable (female)- the record is 4:06 (dressed as a carrot)! Other categories with times slower than mine: Nun, Roman Soldier, and wedding dress.

Should this be my new marathon goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment