Monday, April 11, 2011

Trying to get back on track

I did pretty well last week- 17 miles. The 3 weeks before (since Napa), I'd done 19 miles total, so 17 isn't too bad. I need to get back into running, and soon, before I totally lose it.

I've been feeling so sluggish during my long runs, and it makes it difficult to want to do much. John said he felt like he was wearing cement shoes. I felt that way too. That needs to stop.

Yesterday I started looking up races to help me get motivated. The big question is what distance I want to plan for. After talking to someone recently about marathons, I keep going back to the idea that I need to do another. It is almost like I'm not a 'marathoner' unless I do them regularly (once a year?).

I have a short list of races in 2011 that I might sign up for. I just need to decide soon, before the good races close...

No comments:

Post a Comment