Sunday, September 25, 2011

CIM Training Week 8-ish Summary

I did a pretty good job this week! This was one of my easier weeks in my training plan (6 miles easy four time), but I didn't pay attention to that- mostly because taking it easy this week (before the Urban Cow Half) makes more sense. Here is what I did:

Monday: abs
Tuesday: 5.5 speed work with Buffalo Chips (warm, 12x200 at ~6:15/mile pace with 1 minute recovery, jog 5 minutes, 1 mile at marathon pace ~9:15, cool)
Wednesday: weights and legs
Thursday: off
Friday: 8.5 on the Parkway (in 85-90 degree heat)
Saturday: off
Sunday: 10 on the parkway

Miles this week: 24
Miles in 2011: 676

And as for my goal of running 1000 miles in 2011 (before CIM)... That means about 300 miles plus the CIM by the first week of December.Ten weeks, average of 30 miles a week will do it, and my training plan will get me there before CIM! Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment