Tuesday, September 20, 2011

World of Pain

That is what I fear I will be in for tonight, if I stick to my convictions and start working out with the Buffalo Chips on Tuesday nights. I think the speed workouts I did with them in the spring really helped my Napa race, and I keep thinking that I should join up, and stick with them for at least the Tuesday speed workouts.

I enjoy the Fleet Feet Group on Tuesdays- and running with John- but I'm slacking on speed work. Meaning, I'm not doing it. And that is bad news. So I think I'll go to the Chips workout tonight.

Here is what I'm in for: "15 min warm-up, 12 x 200 fast/1 min easy (if you are not at workout, you can do 12 x 1 min/1 min easy)  5 min jog, 2 miles at goal marathon pace, 10 min cooldown plus 4 x 20 sec strides at end."

Ouch. I'm not sure if I can even manage that, especially if I stick with the B group they assigned me to earlier this year, Those folks are fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment