Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Still alive, but my legs hurt!

I went to Buffalo Chips yesterday after work, and I'm glad I did. The workout was tough, and I slacked a bit, but I think it is a huge improvement over the easy runs I've been substituting for my speed workouts.

The 12x200s were not too bad. I was with the C group, so I was with the group most of the time (as opposed to lagging behind). We averaged about 6:15 per mile pace for the 200s. Then I got a bit fatigued at about repeat nine or so. It was about 95 degrees out, and the one minute rest wasn't really enough. I was happy when the five minute recovery jog came, and even the two miles at marathon pace didn't seem too hard.

I decided to stop at about one mile at marathon pace (okay, a bit slower at around 8:45-9:30, but that's okay for my first try), and did the cool down. I did a total of 5.5 miles in 45 minutes, including warm up and cool down. This includes stopping the watch for the rest breaks, of course.

Not too bad. Now I have to decide my strategy between now and the Urban Cow half. Take it easy (my legs were still tired from Sunday when I went yesterday), or do a long run Sunday then Chips speed workout Tuesday, then take it easy. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment