Friday, December 9, 2011

Week after CIM- taking it easy

As I mentioned in my race report, I started feeling a bit sick on Saturday before CIM, and felt sick during the race. Normally, I don't get sick. If I feel a bit off, I rest. This has worked for years. Apparently, when you feel a bit sick and run a marathon instead of resting, you get a full-blown cold. Who knew?

I've been sick all week, and have been trudging through a busy work week with important meetings that mean taking half a day off, then working until 8PM. I'm feeling a bit better, but am coughing and having a generally congested time of it. It should pass soon.

On the plus side, I haven't wanted to eat much or drink (alcohol), so I'm not falling into the post-marathon "I can eat whatever I want" phase. Yay for that!

Since I didn't update my annual total for Week 18 after CIM, here is that update:
Miles in 2011: 983

My workouts this week are non-existent at this point. I'm hoping to get out to Fleet Feet on Sunday and do a few good miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment